Welcome About SEEC
SEEC is a highly respected authority in the existing and developing field of Credit Accumulation and Transfer (CATS) at higher education levels.
We serve as a reference point on credit-based learning, structures and processes in the UK and, now, in the developing field of European credit. We also promote links and collaborative ventures between members, employers and professional bodies and other credit consortia opening up market opportunities in the UK and internationally.
- What is academic credit? Understanding credit for learning; including how credit is quantified, how UK credit relates to degrees in Higher Education, how it relates to assessing learning and also flexible learning outside an HE Institution
- WBL, RPL, APEL, APL; does academic credit relate to them? Work-based learning (WPL, learning accrediting workplace knowledge), Accreditation or Recognition of Prior Learning (APL or RPL), can recognise previous learning for credit against an award (Diploma, Degree or other)
- Why join us? Get involved in the discussion and decision about how credit is used; how an organisaton or an individual can become a member of SEEC
- How can I get support and discuss ideas about using credit? Networking and sharing good practice; interested in RPL, APEL or WBL? – Join one of our network groups, or for discussion and support from professionals in your field
- What else? We have a wide range of consultations and reports that have been developed and are available, many on a creative commons license agreement