APEL and Foundation Degrees: giving credit where it's due. Thursday 7 December 2006
Programme of the day
- Chaired and facilitated by Sue Cundell, Chair SEEC APEL Network Group, and Ian Scott, Chair SEEC Foundation Degrees Network Group.
- Opening speaker: Penny McCracken, Foundation Degree Forward - APL, Foundation Degrees, Institutions and Employers.
- Case Study presentations:
- Finola Fitzgerald, Carshalton College: APEL and FDs related to Further Education.
- Frank Lyons, Foundation Direct, University of Portsmouth: APEL and FDs related to HE.
- Janet McGregor, Canterbury Chrsit Church University: A student's journey through APEL.
- Solutions-based working groups:
- APEL for entry to FDs
- APEL for grant of credit towards an FD
- Mechanisms for ensuring quality
Presentations and Handouts
- to be provided