Introduction to Academic Credit
Our FAQs include most of the questions that people ask about academic credit, its development and use in higher education and adult learning.
If you don't find what you are looking for here, ask us another question by emailing the SEEC office, and we'll see if we can help.
The academic documents attached here could be helpful too.
Academic Credit in England
- The Burgess Credit Report is the latest set of recommendations for comprehensive use of Academic Credit in English universities.
- The QAA Quick Guide outlines what a tutor, student or employer might need to know.
- The QCF Powerpoint presentation explains how credit-based qualifications in the English adult learning framework (which includes vocational and other learning) sit alongside higher education in universities.
Academic Credit in Northern Ireland
- CCEA, QCF & EQF referencing
Academic Credit in Wales
Academic Credit in Scotland
Academic Credit in Europe and elsewhere
- The ECTS Users Guide shows where the rest of Europe are with credit at HE levels, and how the systems work together.
- European Qualifications Framework 2008 (EQF Brochure)
- European Qualifications Framework 2008 - leaflet
- EU recommendations for EQF April 2008
- EC proposal for the establishment of ECVET 2008